14 people are looking at Asturias Vacation Rentals.
Asturias Vacation Rentals (2 )
2 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | 8 Sleeps | House
We have decorated all the bedrooms with a common theme in mind: wooden floors and ceiling beams, spacious rooms and colours tha ...
2 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | 4 Sleeps | House
The Brana are two traditional holiday houses built in a rural setting at the beginning of the century and recently restored. Locat ...
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Asturias
- Asturias is especially known for its seafood.
- Asturian cheeses, especially cabrales, are also famous throughout spain.
- The Principality of Asturias is an autonomous community within the kingdom of Spain, former Kingdom of Asturias in the Middle Ages.
- In the 10th century, the Kingdom of Asturias gave way to the Kingdom of Leon.
- In 18th century, Asturias was one of the centres of the Spanish Enlightenment.
- Asturias is often called \"the land of cheeses.
- The principality of asturias is an autonomous community within the kingdom of spain.
- Capital: oviedo
- Asturias is bordered on the east by Cantabria, on the south by Castilla y León, on the west by Galicia (Lugo), and on the north by the Cantabrian Sea.
- The dobra river: south of cangas de onís, famous for its unusual colour and natural beauty.
- In asturias comillas - a very good resort which has lots of modernista buildings including the el capricho designed by antoni gaudi.
- In asturias fine arts museum of oviedo, museo de bellas artes - housed in an 18th century palace the museum contains a good selection of paintings.
How to reach
- The first is to fly directly from Madrid, Barcelona, Paris or London
- Asturias airport is located near Avilés, and is easily accessible by bus from the three main cities of Gijón, Oviedo and Avilés
- From other areas in Europe try ryanair.com, which flies into Santander
- Asturias is served by Asturias International Airport (OVD), 40 kilometres from Oviedo, near the northwest coast and the industrial town of Avilés.
- Several National Carriers also link Asturias to Madrid and Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, Seville and others.
- Eastern Asturias is also easily accessible from Santander Airport.
- Companies as P&O, Swan Hellenic or Hapag Lloyd choose the Port of Gijón every year for their calls in the Atlantic European Coast.
- Spain\'s national RENFE rail network also serves Asturias well; trains regularly depart to and from the Spanish interior.
- There is also a comprehensive bus service run by the ALSA company. It links Avilés, Gijón, Oviedo and Mieres with Madrid and other major towns, several times a day.
Take general precautions.
- The most famous regional dish is fabada asturiana.
- The music of Asturias is varied.
- The most characteristic instrument in traditional music is the Asturian bagpipe.