13 people are looking at Baja California Sur Vacation Rentals.
Baja California Sur Vacation Rentals (97)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Baja California Sur
- Baja California Sur\'s largest rivers are the San Ignacio and the Raymundo.
- There is a museum of archeology and a museum of natural history in the city of La Paz and a Jesuit museum in the city of Loreto.
- Santa Rosalia is an interesting historical mining town with colonial buildings lined along its streets.
- Baja California Sur is one of the 31 states of Mexico.
- It is bordered to the north by the state of Baja California, to the west by the Pacific Ocean, and to the east by the Gulf of California, also known as the \"Sea of Cortés.\"
- The state has maritime borders with Sonora and Sinaloa to the east across the Gulf of California.
- Total Area: 73,475 km2 (28,368.9 sq mi).
- Its largest city and capital is La Paz, a tourist resort and historic landmark.
- Baja California Sur, a very narrow state in western Mexico, covers the southern half of the Baja California peninsula.
- Making up part of Baja California Sur are the islands of Natividad, Magdalena, and Santa Margarita in the Pacific Ocean
- Whale watching, deep sea fishing, golf and tennis, motorcycling, scuba diving, and snorkeling are all area attractions.
- The town of Mulegé offers sport fishing and diving along with tours of prehistoric caves and their paintings.
How to reach
- The middle of October through the early part of December is favorite time of year.
- The best and most popular way to reach baja california sur is by private plane
- There are highways stretching the length of the Baja California peninsula, but there are relatively few gas stations.
- La Paz-Manuel de Leon Airport provides international flights to and from Baja California Sur.
- Los Cabos International Airport at San Jose del Cabo is an international airport serving Cabo San Lucas.
- There is shipping across the Golfo de California to the mainland states of Sonora and Sinaloa.
- Precautions such as visiting only legitimate business and tourist areas during daylight hours
- The town of Cabo del Este is popular amongst tourists for swimming, sailing and windsurfing.
- The Cathedral of Nuestra Señora de La Paz, an eighteenth-century construction is an important tourist monument in La Paz.
- The Museo de las Misiones in Loreto bears testimony to the evangelisation of this peninsula.
- One of the most popular attractions here is the Arch, a rocky formation eroded over time by the sea that rises from the water where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean meet.