16 people are looking at Dover Vacation Rentals.
Dover Vacation Rentals (0 )
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Dover
- Dover was most famously the home of Caesar Rodney, the popular wartime leader of Delaware during the American Revolution.
- The city of Dover is the capital and second largest city in the U.S. state of Delaware.
- Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area which encompasses all of Kent County.
- It is the county seat of Kent County.
- It is located on the St. Jones River in the Delaware River coastal plain.
- It was named by William Penn for Dover in Kent, England.
- Dover is governed via the mayor-council system.
- Total Area is 22.7 sq mi (58.8 km2).
- Dover is one of the fast-growing areas in the State of Delaware, due in large part to the relatively low cost of living.
- North of Delaware’s award-winning beach resorts, making it a nearby and affordable place to take the family during the summer months.
- North of Delaware is affordable place to take the family during the summer months.
- November and December are special months with 25+ holiday events including the Delaware Book Festival, Chocolate Festival, Wine and Music Festival and Festival of Trees.
- Major highways in Dover are U.S. Route 13, Delaware Route 1 turnpike, U.S. Route 113 and Delaware Route 8.
- Main Airports in Dover are Air Force Base, New Castle Airport, Wicomico Regional Airport, Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Philadelphia International Airport.
- Dover is located on a former Pennsylvania Railroad line which is now served by Norfolk Southern.
- Dover is considered a safe city-But Normal precautions apply.
- Dover Opera House built in 1904, was recently renovated and converted to the Schwartz Center for the Arts, which hosts performances by the Dover Symphony Orchestra, ballet, and classic films.