19 people are looking at Durango Vacation Rentals.
Durango Vacation Rentals (0)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Durango
- The Sierra Madre Occidental and other smaller mountain ranges (sierras) cross the state.
- Most of the state is heavily mountainous and a good part forested.
- Durango is famous for its scorpions.
- Durango is located in northern Mexico.
- Deep canyons and a flat plain are located between the valley and semi-desert regions.
- These include the Huyapan, Tamazula, Los Remedios, San Diego, and Mezquital rivers.
- The state of Durango is bordered to the north by Chihuahua, to the north-east by Coahuila, to the south-east by Zacatecas, to the south-west by Nayarit, and to the west by Sinaloa.
- One of the largest states in Mexico, it covers an area of 121,776 square kilometers (47,018 square miles).
- The city of Durango is the state\'s capital.
- The Florido River flows toward the Gulf of Mexico.
- These mines extend north into Chihuahua and south into the state of Zacatecas.
- The Guadalupe Sanctuary The Victoria Theatre The Barque Cathedral The House of the Count Suchill Sahuatoloa & Guadiana Park are just a few of these attractions.
- Sahuatoba Park is a good place to get a glimpse of tigers.
- Durango\'s peak seasons occur from January to March and June to early September as well as during the holidays.
- June through September offers peak conditions for summer recreation.
- Durango has 10,477 kilometers (6,548 miles) of roads providing links to the Pacific coast and to inland cities.
- There is an international airport serving the capital, Durango, with flights to about a dozen cities in Mexico.
- There are also rails links connecting the state to border cities with the United States to the north and with many other cities in Mexico.
- Basque conquerors who founded Durango and began the conquest of the northern territory brought their recipes and the first herds.
- The dishes from Durango, is \"caldillo\", particulary noted for its antiquity.
- Durango is also known for its cheeses, in particular queso chihuahua, also called \'queso menonita\'.
- Durango has many theaters and galleries selling local handicrafts.
- There are thirty-six museums, including a museum of cinematography, a children\'s museum, a museum of contemporary art, a museum of the Mexican Revolution, and an archeology museum.