14 people are looking at Lawrence Vacation Rentals.
Lawrence Vacation Rentals (1)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Lawrence
- Famous Park: Joe Wheeler State Park, Lawrence County Park, Mallard-Fox Creek Wildlife.
- Famous Island: Chigger Island, Corn Island, Gilchrist Island, Gourd Island, Howard Island, Knight Island, Sedge Grass Island, Sweetgum Island, Tick Island.
- Famous Lake: Prairie Lake, Sherrod Lake, Holliday Pond, Cottonwood Pond, Goose Pond, Oakville Pond, Pooles Pond, Round Pond.
- Lawrence County was created by an act of the Alabama Territorial Legislature on February 6, 1818, nearly one year before Alabama became a state.
- Its name is in honor of James Lawrence, a captain in the United States Navy from New Jersey.
- Golfing is also an adventure started on the Robert Trent Jones Trail and continued into Lawrence County.
- Lawrence County is a county of the U.S. state of Alabama.
- Its county seat is Moulton.
- The county has a total area of 718 square miles (1,860 km²).
- Located in northwest Alabama.
- Wheeler Lake on the Tennessee River to the north and the William E. Bankhead National Forest to the south.
- Deer Run was recently honored by Golf Digest\'s \"Best Places to Play.\"
- The Oakville Indian Mounds are another popular attraction in the county.
- Visitors can take part in a number of activities including camping, tennis, boating, swimming, picnicking, and hiking.
- Airport: Danville Airport.
- Major Highways: U.S. Highway 72 Alternate, Alabama 20, Alabama 24, Alabama 33, Alabama 36, Alabama 101, Alabama 157, Alabama 184.
- Rail: Norfolk Southern Railway.
- People enjoy southern hospitality at its finest.
- The Lawrence County Board of Education operates all the public schools in the county.
- Countywide Adult Basic Education, the Even Start Program and Community Education Program provide educational.
- There is an active Homeschooling network within the county.