14 people are looking at Michigan Vacation Rentals.
Michigan Vacation Rentals (167)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Michigan
- Michigan has 64,980 inland lakes.
- In southwestern michigan, guests of saugatuck vacation rentals can enjoy the delights of lake michigan.
- Guests of grand haven vacation rentals will have 176 miles of hiking trails to explore.
- Michigan is the only state to consist entirely of two peninsulas.
- Michigan is the eighth most populous state in the united states.
- Michigan is the latin term for new jersey.
- Michigan is a midwestern state of the united states of america.
- It has the longest freshwater shoreline of any political subdivision in the world.
- Being bounded by four of the five great lakes, plus lake saint clair.
- Michigan is home to midwest friendliness with many great vacation destinations.
- Michigan consists of two peninsulas that lie between 82°30\' to about 90°30\' west longitude.
- Separated by the straits of mackinac and some nearby islands.
- With the exception of two small areas that are drained by the mississippi river.
- By way of the wisconsin river in the upper peninsula.
- By way of the kankakee-illinois river in the lower peninsula.
- Michigan is drained by the great lakes-st. lawrence watershed and is the only state with the majority of its land thus drained.
- A Lake Michigan rental is perfect for enjoying swimming, boating, fishing, and other activities in this lovely area.
- Naturally occurring fauna around the lakes include white-tailed deer, fox, beaver, bobcat, and moose.
- Water sports are endless, and the sand beaches offer solace.
- The fishing possibilities are extraordinary, and the boating and yachting is premier.
- If you privilege warm and agreeable weather, early Autumn is the best time to visit Michigan.
- As for Summer, well, this is simply the most popular period.
- Michigan is served by four Class I railroads: the Canadian National Railway, the Canadian Pacific Railway, CSX Transportation, and the Norfolk Southern Railway.
- Amtrak passenger rail services the state, connecting many southern and western Michigan cities to Chicago, Illinois.
- There are plans for commuter rail for Detroit and its suburbs.
- Interstate 75 is the main thoroughfare between Detroit, Flint, and Saginaw extending north to Sault Sainte Marie and providing access to Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario.
- Branching highways include I-275 and I-375 in Detroit; I-475 in Flint; and I-675 in Saginaw.
- Interstate 69 enters the state near the Michigan-Ohio-Indiana border, and it extends to Port Huron and provides access to the Blue Water Bridge crossing into Sarnia, Ontario.
- U.S. Route 2 enters Michigan at the city of Ironwood and runs east to the town of Crystal Falls, where it turns south and briefly re-enters Wisconsin northwest of Florence.
- The Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport is by far Michigan\'s busiest airport, followed by the Gerald R. Ford International Airport in Grand Rapids.
- Do not go to Michigan in the Winter and the early Spring.
- Avoid July and August.
- The Upper Peninsula has vast beauty and history that makes it a special area.
- Marie is the oldest city in the Midwest U.S.
- And site of much cultural diversity.
- And its Soo Locks waterway gets the most industrial usage in the world.