18 people are looking at Michoacan Vacation Rentals.
Michoacan Vacation Rentals (2)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Michoacan
- The area around Angangueo and Ocampo in northeast Michoacán is famous for the monarch butterflies.
- Michoacan also boasts an incredible natural environment that attracts travelers from around the world.
- Lake Chapala lies on the border with Jalisco, Mexico\'s largest lake.
- Michoacan is one of the 31 constituent states of Mexico.
- It borders the states of Colima and Jalisco to the west, Guanajuato and Querétaro to the north, México to the east, Guerrero to the south-east, and the Pacific Ocean to the south.
- Michoacan has an area of 59,864 km² (23,113.6 sq mi).
- Its state capital is the city of Morelia.
- Michoacan extends from the Pacific Ocean northeastward into the central plateau.
- Cultural and natural attractions, relaxing escapes, adventure tourism, agri-tourism, artistic hideaways, architecture, and a whole host of fantastic gastronomic options.
- The best time to visit is between February and early March.
How to reach
- Michoacan is easily accessible by road.
- Car rentals are available in Mexico City.
- Uruapan Airport provides international flights to and from Michoacán.
- 8,618 kilometers (3,353 miles) of roads.
- 1,275 kilometers (792 miles) of railroads.
- Michoacan is known for its rich and varied culture, most notably for its unique pre-columbian and colonial architecture as well as its art and cuisine.
- These gifted people also became skilled craftsmen in metalworking, pottery, and lapidary work.
- Morelia, as the capital, has the highest number of museums, art galleries, film theaters and restaurants.
- Every year in the month of October Morelia hosts an international film festival.