12 people are looking at Sardinia Vacation Rentals.
Sardinia Vacation Rentals (42)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Sardinia
- Sardinia is one of the most ancient lands in Europe.
- Famous parks are: Asinara National Park, Archipelago of La Maddalena\'s National Park, Gennargentu National Park.
- The beach makes a perfect place to socialize and enjoy the seafood.
- The name Sardinia is of unknown origin.
- The kingdom of Sardinia remained Spanish for approximately 400 years.
- The Sardinian railway system was developed in the 19th century.
- Sardinia is the second-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea (after Sicily).
- Sardinia comprises 24,090 square kilometres (9,301 sq mi).
- Capital: Cagliari.
- The climate is typical of the Mediterranean.
- Sardinia is famous for the Costa Smeralda where the beaches are picturesque and the water assumes emerald green tones in its\' crystal clearness.
- Sardinia has three international airports Alghero Airport, Olbia - Costa Smeralda Airport, and Cagliari-Elmas Airport.
- Sardinia is the only Italian region without motorways.
- Ferrovie della Sardegna (Sardinian Railways).
- There are four main ports in Sardinia, including Olbia, Cagliari, Porto Torres and Arbatax.
- Traveling by ferry is the cheapest and most convenient way to travel to Sardinia.
- Sardinia is home to one of the oldest forms of vocal polyphony
- Sardinian culture is alive and well, and young people are actively involved in their own music and dancing.
- Sardinia was ruled by many different cultures including the Romans, Arabs, Phoenicians, Byzantines, Spanish, Carthaginians and Savoyards.
- Sardinian cuisine is simple, almost prehistoric, compared to the more sophisticated food of Naples and Sicily, which uses more animal fat and butter.