11 people are looking at Guanajuato Vacation Rentals.
Guanajuato Vacation Rentals (1)
Plan your getaway & Search properties
Find the perfect place to stay, from beach houses to cabins to condos and more.
No booking or services fees
Save up to 20% over other website
Contact a few owners directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties to increase your chances of booking.
Find the best vacation rentals by owner in popular destinations
Vacation Homes in Guanajuato
- Guanajuato was one of the first areas of Mexico colonized by the Spanish.
- The valley (and city founded there) became the largest producer of silver in the world.
- Dolores Hidalgo is famous for its sorbets, with incredible flavours like pulque, shrimp, chili, corn and tequila.
- Cultural manifestations surge out of its theatres, churches and museums, squares, markets and side streets.
- Guanajuato is a state in the central highlands of Mexico.
- It is named after its capital city, Guanajuato, which comes from the local indigenous language, meaning “Hill of Frogs.”
- There are a number of rivers that flow into two river basins.
- It covers an area of 30,768 square kilometers (11,880 square miles).
- The first of these river basins is the Pánuco, which flows northeast to the Gulf of Mexico.
- The museum of the mummies is a very interesting cultural stop.
- Church of La Compania is also another attractions of Guanajuato. It is one of the churches, which are built in the Churriguereque style.
- April before and during Holy Week (Semana Santa) is a fine time to visit Guanajuato.
- visit Guanajuato all through the year.
- There are three airports: Captain Rogelio Castillo National Airport(CYW), Guanajuato Airport (MMGT), Guanajuato International Airport (BJX).
- Guanajuato\'s bus station is outside the city core.
- The easiest and safer way to get to Guanajuato is taking the federal highway 45 up to Silao, then the toll highway 110.
- Taxis, buses and cars are the most popular modes of local transport. The fares are reasonable and services are good.
- The town of Guanajuato has been depicted in various works of art.
- Guanajuato hosts the annual International Cervantes Culture Festival, which is centered in the capital city.
- The city is reknowned for its museums, as well as the university and the mines.
- The main industries are silver and gold mining, oil, manufacturing of shoes in León, manufacturing of fabrics and clothing, and tourism.
- Cervantes Festival is the major event of Guanajuato, which has been celebrated since 1972.